Thursday, August 19, 2010

Another update- finally!

The weekend of July 4th, we went to Ohio to visit the Dees and the McCabes. The girls were being so cute together! They even let me take a picture of them on the stairs- which is a rare occaion for Kenna. She usually doesn't smile, doesn't look at the camera, or makes a strange face (You may see each of those in the following pictures! haha!)




For lunch on July 4th we went to probably one of my favorite places in Sandusky! It is A TGI Fridays right on the water. The boats can pull right up to the dock and park. We always sit on the patio/deck when we eat there. Daddy and Kenna were walking on the patio when they spotted a snake in the water



This picture shows a bit better the view of the patio area. I love it!




Poor Delaney was VERY sleep


We attempted to get a group picture. Kenna would not look at the camera!


McKenna is sitting next to me as I type. She just said "I wish we could go there again"

After lunch, we went to the beach. I was driving around attempting to find a parking spot. I found one at the back of the lot but failed to realize it was mostly sandy so I ended up getting the trailblazer stuck. Tony took over and I took the kids out to the beach. Luckily some nice people helped him get it un-stuck!

Once at the sand it was VERY HOT. I really think that I burnt the bottoms of my feet when we walked on it because they burned for quite a while after the trip. Despite the hot sand, the water was gorgeous! Delaney LOVED it.







On our trip, we also went to the annual 4th of July parade at Reeny's house.





After the HOT parade (which very well could have been the LONGEST PARADE EVER) we went swimming in Reeny's pool. Kenna had such a great time! She LOVES to swim!

Grandma, Bobby, and the girls posing for a picture before we leave! I didn't realize Bobby had on the "Its all Muscle" shirt until I was reviewing the pictures on my camera! haha!

As everyone probably knows, I have been cloth diapering Delaney. I was doing the laundry and had all the diapers stacked up on the couch so I decided to take a picture of them!

Then Delaney decided to pull the diapers off the couch and run with them! It was too cute!


As the girls were playing around the livingroom, I noticed the Delaney's hair was just barely long enough for a teeny pony tail on the top of her head. Unlike Kenna at that age, it only stayedi n long enough for the picture and was immediately removed. Kenna never bothered her pony tails! (I was trying to snap the picture fast before she pulled it out and I'm so mad I cut Kenna out of it. It would have been a great picture of her!)

Oh how can 365 days go SOOO fast!?!??! Look at my baby on her 1st birthday!

Delaney getting some Nana love on her birthday!

This is my sad attempt to get her lamb picture. She must have known it was her birthday because she was all smiles and all energy! To get her to stay still for any amount of time for a picture was nearly impossible.

We call Delaney our "Laney-Bug" so it was fitting to have her birthday a lady bug theme. Mom did an awesome job on her cupcakes and her birthday cake! They were ADORABLE!


Delaney is such a food-lover that she didn't resist the temptation to dig in to it! She carefully picked the ladybugs off first to eat......


She had a look of panic on her face when Kenna decided to stick her finger in to enjoy the icing. I think she was afraid that Kenna would eat the whole thing!

But she was sure to get that icing before Kenna could!

Then she thought she could just stick her whole face in it!



MMMMMM.....CAAAAAAKE

NOW it's time to get SERIOUS about eating the cake!

What a messy baby girl!

All the kids enjoying the pool. We bought this pool not too long before the party. The one I had gotten that was simlar had a leak in it that we couldn't find! This one was MUCH bigger!

Not sure what this face means...................

Delaney wasn't took excited about opening the presents~ She just wanted to play with them after they were opened! She was very happy to have the baby doll from Papa and Nana!

SO happy!

As the party was winding down, we were able to get a calmer picture with the lamb.........

Kari and I went out to a few garage sales one Friday and Delaney latched on to a little baby. Then she found the baby car seat, and I was amazed at how she knew just what to do with the baby!

This is why we don't let Daddy do her hair....

Mama Dee and Tay on the boat

Angela and Papa Dee

Grandma Dee, Bobby, and Amy came over to Tom and Jean's house for a day of fishing

Daddy and Delaney

Bobby gave us the thumbs up indicating he was having a great time!

What a beauty!

Delaney attempting to walk around the boat with her huge life vest on!

Delaney was a sleepy baby after all her fun in the sun! So precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment